Frequently Asked Questions
Do M & M Glass offer a guarantee with their installations?
We want you to feel safe, secure and confident in your products, this also includes knowing they are guaranteed and covered for the future. There are a number of different guarantees to which provide you with peace of mind.
- Product Guarantee – Each of our manufacturers offer different guarantee periods for ther products.
- Glass Guarantee – Glass as an industry standard has a 5 year guarantee, outside of this time we are able to change it for you but it may be chargeable.
- Installation Guarantee – We offer a 10 year guarantee on parts and labour. This means if your door sticks or has a fault we will come to your property to investigate. However if there is a fault due to user error, for example a stone being kicked up by a lawnmower smashing a glass unit; this would be chargeable
Do I need planning permission for double glazing?
Before starting any home improvement project, it’s always a wise move to contact your local authority to check whether you require planning permission. However, you shouldn’t need planning permission for double glazing windows as long as they’re of similar appearance to those used in the construction of the house.
There are a few exceptions:
- If the property is a listed building
- If the property is in a conservation area
- Windows in flats